Monday, October 20, 2014

You know you've made the right decision when....

 Women in Art
D. DelReverda-Jennings, DeAnna Cannon, Laura Levine, LaShawnda Crowe-Storm, me, Jarica Passi.  Not pictured Norma 
I may have said this before, but since choosing to focus completely on creating, selling, showing and teaching , I have been blessed with more opportunities than I could have dreamed of!

Today I was on a panel of women artists who spoke to a class of students at Ivy Tech Community College.  Women in Art.  We shared our journey's, where we get our inspiration and advice for getting into the field of art.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yarn Tasting

yarn tasting.jpg
Saturday,October 25th
10:30-12:30
@
Art by Melissa Cain
68 S. Jefferson St., Danville, IN

Explore different yarns, needles and hooks.
Bring old T-shirts to learn how
to make your own yarn.

Denise Smith
UntangledStitcher@gmail.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My next event is a "Yarn Tasting" this Saturday.  Participants will have the opportunity to explore different yarns, needles and hooks.  I will also demonstrate how to make yarn from T-shirts.  It will give potential students the chance to meet me and learn about the knit and crochet classes that I will be offering there.

Join us if you're in the area!
~Denise


No comments:

Post a Comment