Saturday, October 11, 2014

Arm Knitting at Studio B Creative Exchange

Today was quite a day for me!

I held at FREE arm knitting workshop Studio B Creative Exchange today.  It was a lot of fun.  I have art on display for another week at this location so stop by to see it and meet NaShara and Sylvia. They are doing great things!
The ladies posing with their scarves that they made.
And yes, that's my art work in the background.
 I began the day by participating in a 5k.  I planned to walk the entire distance but felt up to running some of it.  According to the official race results I finished 7th out of the 9 women in my age group; 97th out of 118 females and 159th out of 190 finishers.  My time was 48:08 (15:30 per mile)!

I didn't start in the right place, I was mixed in with the 2k'ers which made it look like I was in last place when I left the 2k loop.  I was determined to not be the last person to cross the finish line.  I know that it was all about the time I crossed the finish line and not my position among the crowd, but it felt good when I caught back up with some of the 5k'ers!  Now I want to do another 5k this month!!

Now to finish the piece I'm creating for an upcoming art show.  My next FREE event will be a "Yarn Tasting".  More details coming soon.
~Denise




No comments:

Post a Comment