Thursday, October 9, 2014

I'm So Excited and I Just Can't Hide it!


Me crossing the finish line of a 5k in September.
There are sooooo many positive and uplifting songs going through my head, so if I'm having a conversation with you and I suddenly burst into song, you'll have to excuse me :)

I have "turned my  life over to yarn" as Clara Parkes says in her book The Yarn Whisperer, and things have changed right from the start!  I'd made this change and then started reading the book.

Do you know that feeling when you realize that you've made the right decision at the right time?  Multiply that by 10 and that's how I feel.  All the time.

I am no longer working at The Childrens' Museum.  I am focusing on my knit & crochet career as an instructor, artist and entrepreneur.

How do I know I made the right decision?  I'm glad you asked!

Since doing so I've...

  • Had 5 new students sign up for Sept/Oct classes at Michaels
  • Added an afternoon class to my schedule at Michaels
  • Been asked to be part of an artist panel speaking to college students
  • Applied to be a Teaching Fellow with Trade School Indianapolis
  • Been asked to do a window display at the College Avenue Library (I'd already agreed to do one at the Eagle Library in November.
I'd already agreed to the following...
  • Conduct an Arm Knitting workshop at Studio B Creative Exchange on Oct. 11 from 2-4
  • Teach 2 classes a month at Melissa Cain Art Studio in Danville, IN (I hope to add to that now that my schedule is open)       And I'm selling items at her studio
  • I'm working out on a regular basis again (it helps me to be calm) 
  • I walked 2 5ks in September and have registered to do one each in October, November and December.
  • I'm running again on the treadmill.
  • I have the joy and privilege of volunteering with my grandchildren's schools.  
  • I have the honor of spending Friday's with all of my grandsons
  • I am truly blessed!
And thank you to each of you who has supported me in ways that you may not be aware of.  It means so much to me to know such creative, positive, honest, happy, artistic, caring, loving, enthusiastic, motivating, inspiring, and dedicated people who are full of life and not afraid to share it.

Thank you!
~Denise



2 comments:

  1. You are a motivator to many more. Thanks for sharing your story. I look forward to new installments

    ReplyDelete