Monday, October 27, 2014

HAIR


HAIR
That's the title of my latest and biggest art piece.  It was created for the upcoming Fiber Tales Art Exhibit.
This idea popped into my head a year ago.  It wasn't until this past August that I drew it.  I then created a chart from which to crochet it from.
I think this is the piece that I've most felt like an artist while creating it.  It took about 40 hours in total.  One week I worked on it practically nonstop for 3 days. That meant very little sleep and no shower.  It was a good thing I didn't have anywhere else to go :)

I also realized that the closer I got to finishing it I felt like it wouldn't be mine anymore.  The vision that had only been in my head all this time would now be out there for others to see.  That was a strange but liberating feeling.  When I finished the actual crocheting, without thinking I had a BIG exhale.  I felt so proud of myself for finding a way to bring my vision to life.
The next big moment will be seeing it hanging in the Garfield Park Arts Center along with the works of other more established artists.  The exhibit is on display from November 1-15.

The Opening  Reception is Saturday, November 1 from 5-7 pm.  It is a FREE and Family Friendly event that ALL are welcome to attend.

For behind the scenes pictures that show my work on this from start to finish, click on the Fiber Tales tab above.
~Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment