Thursday, August 13, 2015

It's about time!

It took way too long but I finally finished my knit sweater for Level 2 of my CYC Knit Teacher Certification.

 
Front
Back


I made it for my daughter and she enjoyed the fitting much more than the measuring!  I think the last time I made her a sweater was 34 years ago when she was born.

Part of the reason it took me so long is my shoulder tendonitis decided to show up.  I'd knit through the pain and then it would radiate down my arm.  I would knit until I could barely move my arm. I discovered that sitting with a pillow under my arm helped as did wearing a compression sleeve.  Not a pretty sight!

I would have done some things different if I weren't writing the pattern and submitting it to be evaluated.  And did I mention that I ran out of the green yarn?  It was something I'd had for years but I realized it wouldn't be enough for the whole sweater.  It has been discontinued so getting more wasn't an option.  I couldn't find a shade of green to match so I decided to use white for the sleeves.  The wide collar was supposed to be a hood but there wasn't enough yarn.  

I'm pretty sure other designers face the same issues.  I guess I'll just have to knit her another one with my original plans :) 

I'm happy with how it turned out.  Now I need to type the pattern from the notes I wrote as I was knitting.  I'm excited to start on the crocheted sweater!



No comments:

Post a Comment