Wednesday, June 10, 2015

I've got good news and bad news...

The bad news first. The "new thing" I was supposed to start on the 11th of June has been postponed until August.  If you know me then you know that I don't do anything half-way.  From planning to implementing, I give everything 100% +.  And it doesn't matter if I'm volunteering or being paid.  So when this latest venture had to be put on hold (not by me) I felt a little down.  I learned some things that I will put into place when planning future ventures.

The GOOD news... I have decided which projects to create for the 2015-2016 Flava Fresh! 12 Exhibition Series.  Last year I created variations of Granny Squares.  This year I'm going to create a variety of circles.  I will create 6-8 completely new pieces.  I will post pictures of the progress along with information where you can see the Flava Fresh! 12 Exhibition.


June 8 progress -
 I shouldn't take pics in the very early morning hours :)

June 10 progress
I'm starting with doilies. The original plan was to do 2 but this is the most intricate time consuming thing I think I've ever crocheted.  I wanted them both to be 19 inches in diameter.  I might make some changes for the 2nd one.  We'll see.
I also plan to crochet some Mandalas and a 3D circular flower.

And no, I haven't finished my CYC Certification samples.  I've been spending a lot of time trying to finish my de-cluttering.  I am sooooo happy with the results.  Yesterday I worked on my pantry.  I hadn't changed the shelf paper since we built our home, 21 years ago!  But it looks good now and there were some embarrassingly old food items that had to be thrown away. Next up is my room.  I've gone through clothes, CDs, DVDs and books so only small things remain.  It's all worked out in my head (where ALL of my creative ideas start) and I plan to get to it on Saturday.

After I get more ahead on my art show creations, I'll work on my shed.  I don't think I have much in it that I want to save.  I'm looking forward to tearing it down once it's empty.  I'll definitely post pics of that!
~Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment