I finished the crocheted earrings for my art display!
Kente Cloth Colors denote specific meanings.
Blue- peace, togetherness, love and harmony
Black - maturity, spiritual energy, mourning, funeral and passing rites
Gold - high worth, richness, fertility, royalty, prosperity, monetary wealth
Green - land, crops, vegetation, harvest, growth, spiritual growth and renewal
Yellow - high worth, richness, fertility, royalty, prosperity, monetary wealth
Grey - healing rituals, cleansing rituals symbolizes ash
Pink - feminine, mildness and feminine qualities
White - pureness, cleansing rites and festivals
Maroon - mother earth and healing
Red - death, funerals, mourning
Purple - feminine, worn by girls and women
Silver - peace and joy, referencing to the moon
I used metallic embroidery thread Bamboo Cord bonbons yarn and sock yarn (not pictured)
- Michaels @ Avon - Class Schedule & Projects w/ Pictures
- College Ave Stitchers
- Flava Fresh! 12 - 2015-2016
- CYC Level II Knit & Crochet Certification
- KNIT Helpful Hints
- CROCHET Helpful Hints
- Warm Up America!
- Knitted Log Cabin Quilt
- 2015 Meet the Artists XXVII "Art with Passion"
- Studio B CreativExchange
- Fiber Tales, 2014
- Flava Fresh 11 2014-2015
- The Colors of OUR Lives: Yarn Art Inspired by the Motherland
- MY knit ~ Finished!
- MY crochet ~ Finished!
- Yarn bombing project at the College Avenue Library
- Yarn & Needle Night @ Haughville Library