- Michaels @ Avon - Class Schedule & Projects w/ Pictures
- College Ave Stitchers
- Flava Fresh! 12 - 2015-2016
- CYC Level II Knit & Crochet Certification
- KNIT Helpful Hints
- CROCHET Helpful Hints
- Warm Up America!
- Knitted Log Cabin Quilt
- 2015 Meet the Artists XXVII "Art with Passion"
- Studio B CreativExchange
- Fiber Tales, 2014
- Flava Fresh 11 2014-2015
- The Colors of OUR Lives: Yarn Art Inspired by the Motherland
- MY knit ~ Finished!
- MY crochet ~ Finished!
- Yarn bombing project at the College Avenue Library
- Yarn & Needle Night @ Haughville Library
Friday, December 7, 2012
Yarn bombing at the library!
Yarn bombing, yarnbombing, yarnstorming, guerrilla knitting, urban knitting or graffiti knitting is a type of graffiti or street art that employs colorful displays of knitted or crocheted yarn or fiber rather than paint or chalk.
I've added a new page to my blog.
It will document the yarn bombing project that my co-workers and I are in the midst of. Because so many of us knit and or crochet, our manager thought it would be fun if we yarn bombed something at our library branch. We decided on 2 chairs. I'm in charge of the project so I measured the top of the chairs and divided it into smaller sections for everyone to make swatches that I'll combine.
For those of you who aren't sure what yarn bombing is, I've added some pictures.