Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A change in plans

I've decided to STOP having the knit/crochet gathering at the Central Library on the 2nd Tuesday of the month. 

The only people who have been coming are Amadi and Patrick.  I appreciate their support and the effort they make to get there after work, but since we all work together, we can get together at work to knit.

I will continue the 4th Tuesday of the month gathering at the Haughville Branch as long as there continues to be an interest. (We will not meet there in December).

So while I was at the Central library today for 4 hours today (I had a meeting there this afternoon and just stayed)  I worked on my  newest cowl.  The pattern is called  "Winding River Cowl" by  Kathleen Cubley and it's been a very fun challenge.  I learned the crochet-chain-provisional cast on method.  That's the lighter color on the knitted piece.  Once I finish the length of the cowl, I "unzip" the cast on stitches, place them on the needle and then bind off.  I'll add another picture before I twist and create the Mobius strip and  join the 2 ends.  It's a very nice design. Like a winding river :)





This next picture shows the socks that I'm crocheting for my daughter.  I've knitted socks before but this is my first pair of crocheted ones.  They're from the book Learn to Crochet Socks for the family by Leisure Arts. I have a few more inches to do for the foot, then I do the toe.  The heel will then be added.
I"ll add pictures of both projects when they're finished, which I hope will be this weekend.  I have sooo many new things that I want to start on next!
~Denise


No comments:

Post a Comment