Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Back at it!


Hairpin                         Cro hook                   Cro hook                   Broomstick Lace
Lace                                                             Reverse side

Because I finished my newest Flava Fresh! 12 art pieces 3 weeks ahead of the due date and because I didn't want to have to ask for another extension I decided to get back to work on my Level 2 Knit and Crochet Certification.   I only had 3 more crochet samples to complete which I did.  These were all new techniques for me so after teaching myself, I made the 5 inch squares.

Now I'm going to work on my 10 knit samples and then I'll go back and do all the writing portion which includes a paragraph about my teaching experience and lesson plans for both knit and crochet.
THEN I'll design, write pattern and knit and crochet sweaters.

Once that's all submitted I'll have a phone interview with my Master Instructor.

I've submitted my teaching hours (15 are required for each knit and crochet) I had a total of 47.5 for crochet and 17.5 for knit.  That only included the classes I taught at Michaels in the past year.  I'm sure there have been more hours but I tend to only give a class evaluation the first time a person comes to a class.  That's how I track my teaching hours.

The key for me finishing is to NOT be distracted by other projects.  Last week I crocheted 2 lanyards and a water bottle holder ... for myself.  :)
There are some changes coming to the classes at Michaels which will include new knit and crochet projects so I really want to have my Knit and Crochet Level 2 certification process completed.

Time to knit!
~Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment