Monday, April 6, 2015

Sharing is Caring

During a recent conversation with my grandchildren about sharing, my 6 year old granddaughter said that "sharing is caring".  And that's just what I've been doing lately with my knit and crochet skills.

Partners in Housing Indy is an organization that assists people in finding affordable housing.  Their Great Birdhouse Challenge consists of online voting and then a silent auction. The voting begins on Wednesday, April 8th.  Go to their website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages for more information on how you can vote for my and the other birdhouses.
My knitted donation...
"Not For Birds"
The Avon Outdoor Learning Center (OLC) is a 7 acre gem where students can put classroom information into real world practices! They are having an online auction from April 8-22 to raise money to support the outdoor classroom located in Hendricks County-Avon, IN. "Join" the event on their Facebook page to bid on some great items. 
My donation...
Crocheted doll
#100WomenProject
Amy Reader is an artist and University of Richmond student who is currently working on her Honors Thesis Exhibition. The goal for this project is for at least 100 women to crochet one or more wisteria vines and submit them for display in an installation that will be shown in an exhibition that opens on May 1 at Lovebomb in Richmond, VA, USA.   The aim of this project is to showcase the strength and individuality of the women who participate. Follow the progress on Amy's blog (100womencrochet.wordpress.com)
and her Twitter (@aimers720) and Instagram (@readamy)
My donation...
5 crocheted wisteria vines

I am honored to know that items that I knitted and crocheted will play a part in raising awareness, funds and be included in a large art installation.  
Sharing IS caring!
~Denise






No comments:

Post a Comment