Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Introducing...

My new logo doll- Meecy!
  
When I first wanted a logo, I knew what I had in mind.  But things fell through (several times) and then it hit me.... I crochet dolls in the likeness of people so why not make my own?!

That's just what I did.  It was quite interesting to make a doll that looks like "me".  I named her Meecy because that's what my 3 year old grandson calls me.  

See her nose ring and glasses?
Her Fitbit

An actual pair of earrings. 

When I do events I wear an apron

Rubber bands helps her to hold onto the box of yarn

The apron has pockets

The apron is removable

Close up of the apron.
 

I found this mini hat box and painted the dots so it matches the hatbox that I transport yarn in.
 Yes, those are real balls of yarn. 
I am very happy with how she turned out, just like the vision in my head!  She will grace my new business cards, apron, and address labels among other things and maybe accompany me to events.

Oh, and I am officially a business owner!  I am a real EIN (employer identification number), TIN (tax identification number), LOC (location number) having business. I also have a business bank account.
I've opened shops on Etsy and Scott's  Marketplace.  I'll be working on those slowly.  Notice the link to my Etsy shop to the right->

I'm feeling excited about everything. I'll still take things slowly and am happy that I was able to take time off from filling orders to work on these things.  It's let me re-focus and re-energize.

I have some other things in the works. It seems like I get a new idea everyday. The best part... not having to ask for permission to do the things that I want to do.  I'm the boss :)

I've also been doing some major de-cluttering.  I'm sure that the things that I'm donating will bring joy to others.  I'm loving all the space that I now have, again.

UPDATE:  I know that the doll that I donated to the Avon Outdoor Learning Center online auction was bought but I'm not sure about the birdhouse that I donated to Partners in Housing Indy.  Silent auctions are sooo very different  nowadays.  It's all done on a mobile device and I didn't get set up to follow the bids. I'm hoping that "Not For Birds" went to a good home.

I'm looking forward to taking orders again.  I have some flowers to crochet to deliver on Saturday, one of my daughters has asked for some special crocheted dolls, I'm going to knit 2 surprise gifts for my mother and I will probably participate in an upcoming art show.

And the de-cluttering will continue.  I have no idea why I was holding onto some of these things.  But they are moving to new places and people so that new things can come into my life.
~Denise



No comments:

Post a Comment