Sunday, August 17, 2014

Taking a minute to exhale...

Our signatures on my Sweet Dreams piece


I didn't take any pictures at the Flava Fresh XI Artist Reception on August 8th at The Indiana Interchurch Center but it was a really nice event!

The next reception is this Friday, August 22nd at  Clowes Hall on the Butler University Campus.  Flava Fresh XI Gallery Tour from 6-8:00.

I have been very busy in the past few weeks and it doesn't seem to be letting up, but I'm not complaining.

We had a family get-together last weekend that was a lot of fun.  Four generations from 6 different states.  Great!

I finished the last of my 7 original pieces for the  Flava Fresh XI show and let my 5 year old granddaughter decide the order of the Granny Squares.  I was going to put them in a random order but she decided to put the like colors together.  I even let her sign it!  (see pic above)

There's a chance I may be participating in 2 upcoming art shows. It depends if I can meet the deadlines.  I have LOTS of ideas on what to create.  More details later on those :)

I finished the 2 hats for an artist/customer and today hope to complete a head wrap/scarf for an artist/friend/customer.
I need to finish the Spiderman blanket for my grandson and some food items that will be used for Outreach activities for The Children's Museum.

I had a new student at Michaels yesterday. I'll have more info SOON on the new upcoming classes and changes to my teaching schedule there.

Oh, there's a chance I may be returning to teaching at one of the IndyPL locations.  The new manager said I could return anytime that I want to.  I need to make sure there's an interest.

AND I'll be offering a FREE arm knitting workshop in October in conjunction with a solo art display at an area business.  WHEW!  

No comments:

Post a Comment