Thursday, July 31, 2014

A Different Kind of Stitchin'

I gave my crochet hook a brief break so I could work on some sewing projects.  First, I made my own portfolio that is large enough to hold my bigger art pieces.  It wasn't that difficult.  I bought vinyl fabric and used a smaller portfolio as a guide.  I used a regular sewing machine but did use a strong needle and thread.
  

I also worked to finish modifying quilt blocks for artist LaShawnda Crowe-Storm. She is finishing the last of her series for the Lynch Quilts Project.  If you haven't yet, be sure to check out her website.
The Lynch Quilts Project.


I'm also participating as a vendor for the Circle Up Indy Youth Against Violence Peace Festival.  I will offer information about the benefits of knitting and crochet as well as teach how to finger and arm knit for free.
  

My son is part of the organizing group and I'm proud to participate!


No comments:

Post a Comment