Sunday, February 9, 2014

Is this your artwork?

Embedded image permalink 

Yep, I was asked that last night.  I was also called an "artist".   :)
I have to admit, I was a bit overwhelmed but excited and happy all at the same time!

I'm used to being in the background.  Last night was definitely a big step out of my comfort zone.  But I am very grateful for the opportunity.  I was able to talk to a lot of people and apparently even missed some people who were looking for me.  I'm sorry!

I was very  happy to have 2 of my children, 2 of my grandchildren and Nikki with me and people who are true friends. I met new people and even sat for a while to just enjoy the event.

It was nice to see people looking at and even taking pictures of my artwork.

I hadn't seen how my chairs were displayed so imagine my surprise when from the 2nd floor I look up and see THIS on the 4th floor.  The other chair is on the other side of the escalators


 











So I treated myself to a full night of sleep and today I'm back at it.  I have items to make for a baby shower on Thursday, Two crochet cowls to finish for myself, 2 hats to knit for my sons, a hat to crochet and ruffle scarves to knit and crochet before next weekends classes at Michaels.  IF people follow through, I may have some orders for the crochet dolls that I displayed.  It's a good thing I'm fast at knitting and crocheting!  And at sewing.  The dress I  wore last night, I made in an hour- from start to finish.  And no, you can't find the pattern anywhere. It was designed as a short sleeved scoop neck dress but as you can see I made the sleeves long and ruched at the bottom and added a turtle neck.  I wanted the vest (that I knitted) to be the focal point. Mission accomplished.

Many thanks to the Indianapolis Public Library's African American History Committee for this well known Meet The Artists XXVI event.  I never in my wildest dreams imagined myself being called an "artist" and having items displayed at such a great venue!
~Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment