Wednesday, February 5, 2014

One benefit of the cold and snow...





I'm sure there are many of you asking what in the world can be good about this winter's extreme cold and near record setting snow.  There seems to be a renewed interest in people learning to knit and crochet!

I had a new knit student on Tuesday and received a call about someone wanting to learn how to crochet this morning.  I think that's a good thing!  So this week could turn out to be my busiest teaching week in a long time.  This past Saturday I taught a friend how to knit.  It was exciting to see her excitement.  That's what I love about teaching others how to knit and or crochet.  It was also good to see the other ladies who joined us for the College Ave Stitchers.  We get together the 1st Saturday of each month.

I should have 2 students on Thursday, we've been trying to schedule their class for 3 weeks now.  And my 9 year old student will be back for a class on Saturday.  Lots of creativity going on!  Last Thursday I didn't have anyone scheduled for my class at Michaels but I went in anyway and helped 2 crochet students.

If you're interested in learning how to knit or crochet, remember that I'm a certified
 knit and crochet instructor.

I lead 2 free groups each month.  The 1st Saturday of each month at the College Avenue Library from 11:30-1:30 and the 4th Tuesday of each month at the Haughville Library from 6:00-8:00.  At these gatherings, YOU are responsible for your own supplies including patterns.  I will answer any questions that you have or you can share your knowledge with others.  We always have fun. There hasn't been anyone coming to the Haughville branch so if no one comes this month, I will discontinue.  I know I said that last month too :)

At Michaels, classes are $25.00 for each 2 1/2 hour class.  Again, you need to bring your own supplies BUT I do provide handouts and patterns.  Most people get what is equal to 2 classes for 1.  I will 'take you' as far as you're comfortable going.  There are usually only 1-2 people in each class so it's basically a private lesson.

I offer children's crochet classes 3 Saturdays each month at Michaels also. That is a $15.00 1 1/2 hour class for children to learn the basics.

Beginning Saturday, February 15th, I will have Yarn Night at Michaels.  From 4:00-6:00 for the low fee of $5.00, we will gather for a fun, social time of knitting and crocheting. I will be available to provide assistance with your projects that you bring.  If this turns out to be well received, we can think about extending it for a longer time period.

So you have plenty of opportunities to learn how to knit and or crochet for a variety of price options. For more class details, click on the calendar to the right. Remember that I do not set the prices at Michaels :)

I hope to knit and or crochet with you soon!
 ~Denise




No comments:

Post a Comment