Thursday, June 27, 2013

My very productive week of FINISHING!

I've been on vacation from work this week.  I dubbed it as my week of finishing and I'm proud to say (and show) that I've finished a lot!  I have some big, amazing, wonderful opportunities coming up soon so I wanted and needed to finish some things that I've just been pushing around. 

As exciting as it is to start a new project, it's very rewarding to finish existing ones!

First, my second grandson of the summer made his appearance last week.  Mr. Peyton James weighed in at a healthy 9lbs 14ozs and is 24 inches long.  Mom, baby, big brother and dad are all doing well.
Chris checking out his 3 day old brother.


I often listen to audiobooks while knitting/crocheting/etc. Some months ago I started listening to Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.  It was a very interesting book with lots of twists.  I was very disappointed in the ending, but it's marked off of my list of things to do!

  
The knit and crochet blocks were donated to the Avon Michaels store.
     



 Next on the agenda was to combine the Warm Up America squares into 2 more blankets.  I then delivered them to Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis.  Again, a very rewarding feeling even if I was carrying 6 blankets on the hottest day of the year!  In addition to these 3, I'd crocheted 2 and knitted 1 blanket to donate. 

 These squares will be part of a quilt series and the artist asked me to correct several of them.  If you look closely, you can see what I did.  For more information about the artist and the series, check out http://www.thelynchquiltsproject.com/  I'm very proud to be a part of this!
While my sewing machine was on, I decided to fix a body pillow for my daughter Stefani.  Afterwards I realized it's now about half of it's original size (it's been "fixed" several times) but she loves it and if you look close you see that's her hugging it in her sleep!


There were also several things that didn't require yarn,hook, needles or sewing machine. I read 4 books and wrote annotations for a library committee that I'm on, took Chloe and Stefani swimming with Courtney, spent time with all of the grandchildren, got back on track with my running, attended an Aqua Zumba class, met some friends for dinner, made fliers for 2 upcoming Michaels classes, AND taught a lady how to crochet! I still have 3 days left before I return to work.  I have a sock monkey that needs to be crocheted and THEN I can start on my some new projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment