Sunday, December 8, 2013

Busy, busy, busy, but in a good way!

Just some of the many hats I've been busy making
This little snowman will be heading to Dallas, TX.  

Headband/ear warmers












I've been sooo busy knitting and crocheting lately - I wanted to share with you all what's been going on.

My 2 year old grandson asked me to make him a Spiderman hat.  That led to making all 4 of my grandchildren 2 hats each and one for my great nephew and headbands/ear warmers for 2 adult family members and my granddaughter.  Then another daughter asked for a hat.  The good things is I can make each of these items in 2-3 hours.  And I love making things, especially for my family members.  I have some friends and co-workers who are patiently waiting for me to get to them on my 'to do' list.  Too bad I can't just sit around knitting and crocheting all day and night!  If you saw the laundry piled up in places it shouldn't be, you'd think knitting and crocheting are all that I've been doing!

I've set aside time today to get "other" things taken care of.  Like the 2 grants I should have written weeks ago, lesson plans for the week- that will be easy because we're taking our students to see Naptown Nutcracker on December 13th and I want them to be prepared so with all or our students (K-8) I'm reading different versions of the Nutcracker and we're doing fun activities during their library class time.

I've been doing more walking than running lately. Cold weather and my arthritic joints don't get along too well.  I've been running on the treadmill at Krannert Family Center and  Rhodius Park as well as continuing with my Aqua Zumba classes.  My incredibly energetic instructor now has classes at 2 different Indy Parks locations 5 days a week.  My often stiff joints prefer the heated water at Thatcher Family Center.
 
Before
After
  
I've found most of my hat patterns at Repeat Crafter Me.  Sarah has lots of FREE crochet patterns, crafts and recipes. She's also on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Etsy.  Check her out!

This week the plans are to make 3 hats for my talented photographer.  She and I bartered- she took my head shots and I'm making the items of her choice. I'll post pics when I finish. I also want to finish the zebra print mat I'm making for my art show.  I have a Special "hat" class scheduled for Sunday the 15th.  That will be after the Jingle Bell 5k Run I'm doing that morning.  And if I walk more than run, I'm fine with that.  I'll also post a pic of the Reindeer Hat I'm making for that.  Below is the hat I wore for the Drumstick Dash I did on Thanksgiving Day.  If I quit letting myself get off track with other projects I'd have my art show pieces all finished, but I have every confidence those will all be finished in plenty of time!
~Denise










No comments:

Post a Comment