Sunday, October 14, 2012

Today's Tip...

MEASURE!
While this hat is adorable and was fun and easy to make, unfortunately I won't be wearing it this week as planned.  It's just a little too small.  I'm always reminding my students to count (which I did) but measuring is important too, especially for an item that is supposed to fit.  So the pattern says fits head circumference 21 in and it turns out a 'proper' measurement of my head shows it's 23" and I can't blame it on my hair this time!

So someone with a smaller head than mine will be getting this hat and I'll make it again with a few adjustments so it will fit me.

The pattern is in "Celebrity Knit Slouchy Beanies for the family (Leisure Arts) pg. 13

http://www.leisurearts.com/products/knit-celebrity-slouchy-beanies-for-the-family.html




No comments:

Post a Comment