Friday, October 2, 2015

It's THAT time of the year...

Some like fall because of the changing leaf colors, or the fact that EVERYTHING comes in pumpkin flavor.  Me, I look forward to knitting and crocheting new things for the cooler season.

I finally finished the crocheted puppies my grandchildren asked for back in the summer.
16 legs, 8 ears, 4 muzzles, 4 tails, 4 bodies, 4 heads

4 finished puppies


I knit and crochet year round but it's this time of year when I get orders for items that will keep people warm.  Hats are the most popular.  I am walking in an upcoming 5k Pumpkin Run and will be crocheting pumpkin hats for my team members.

My grandchildren have put in their hat orders.  I make them at least 2 each every year.  I will make a hat for my great niece and 4 great nephews.  I also have a customer waiting for 3 hats and a daugther who has asked for a teddy bear.

I've spent a lot of time recently walking (over 50 miles a week) and crocheting hearts for the Peyton Heart Project.  I've combined the two by scattering hearts while out on my walks.

I passed these out at the recent Mustached Turtle Dash to benefit the Peace Learning Center.
I will crochet orange ones in recognition of bully prevention month. 

Fall breaks are coming up,  so the 4 school districts that I'm involved with will be off for 1-2 weeks, but not at the same time.  I hope to use some of this time to do a lot of walking, crocheting and knitting.

The last thing that I want is to get behind on my to-do lists.
~Denise


No comments:

Post a Comment