Friday, December 7, 2012

Yarn bombing at the library!


Yarn bombing, yarnbombing, yarnstorming, guerrilla knitting, urban knitting or graffiti knitting is a type of graffiti or street art that employs colorful displays of knitted or crocheted yarn or fiber rather than paint or chalk.

 I've added a new page to my blog.

It will document the yarn bombing project that my co-workers and I are in the midst of.  Because so many of us knit and or crochet, our manager thought it would be fun if we yarn bombed something at our library branch.  We decided on 2 chairs.  I'm in charge of the project so I measured the top of the chairs and divided it into smaller sections for everyone to make swatches that I'll combine. 
For those of you who aren't sure what yarn bombing is, I've added some pictures.

        

No comments:

Post a Comment